All the tips and advice offered on this page are wisdom gotten from world renowned presenters. By the time you are done reading and put what you read to action,...
Jason Teteak help people overcome their fear of public speaking and deliver amazing presentations. In this video he will show you how to captivate your audience within the first 5 minutes of your presentation. There are 5 steps to deliver a killer opener.
- Give a Confident Introduction. One of the biggest mistakes people make when they start their presentation is showing nervousness. Stand STILL. Don’t move. Don’t pace, and keep your hands at your sides.
- Give Your Credentials. Your audience wants to know: What can you do for me? They need to know who you are, why you’re the best person to deliver this presentation, and what you have to offer them.
- Deliver Your Hook. Your hook has to be something that gets your audience to BELIEVE that they want what you’re going to give them. Take a moment right now and write down WHY your presentation will make your audience happier, successful or free in their life.
- Introduce Your Agenda. The purpose of this step is to show your audience the takeaways for your presentation – the things they get to “take away” and use tomorrow after listening to your presentation. Don’t read the slide. They’re adults. They can read. Instead, just give them a moment to read it themselves, and introduce your agenda by summarizing what you’ll be doing. You do this by mentioning the number of takeaways you’ll be giving them, and paraphrasing the goal of your presentation.
- Give a Credible Statement. You can do this by giving relevant or compelling data to your audience to support your message. When you do this within the first 2 minutes of your presentation, your audience starts to trust you. Without bragging, your listeners start to think “oooh this guy knows what he’s talking about”